If you have an oily skin, then you must be very well aware of the trouble that it brings for you. You get breakouts overnight, and the makeup never seems to set on your face. Your skin always has a greasy texture which makes you look tired and unhealthy. Well, if you do have an oily skin then you should know that there is nothing that you can do to completely get rid of it, and no diet can help you with it. You should only be careful about certain things and plan a routine where you learn to manage your skin just the way it is. These dos and don’ts will surely help you in the process.
- Always wash your skin with cleansers and face washes that have salicylic acid in them because salicylic acid gets inside of your pores and clears them of the excess fat which usually leads to blackheads.
- Retinoid helps to reduce the oil production as well as the sebum production. You can visit a dermatologist for a mild retinoid or just use a cream that contains retinoid and then apply it every night before going to bed; this will prevent those sudden breakouts.
- When you have an oily skin, you need to choose your foundation wisely. You should choose a foundation is oil free because that will help to get rid of clogged pores. You can go with water bases. Also, prefer using powder products in blush and highlighters instead of the cream ones because cream products again increase oil production.
- You can’t really wash your face after every hour, and this is specifically difficult for women who have to wear makeup all day long. For them, the preferred way would be to use a blotting paper. Blotting paper quickly absorbs the excess oil from your skin without messing with the makeup, and it even contains a small amount of face powder which evens the skin color when you use it. So, you should keep them with you at all times.
- Moisturized skin is good, but for those with oily skin, their skin is already enough moisturized so they should prefer using gels or serums because they are more beneficial and also have anti-aging ingredients in them.
- Never go for creamy or milk cleansers because they make your skin greasier. Choose cleansers with salicylic acid.
- We all think that washing our face after every short while will make our skin smooth and free from the extra oil. This is probably the biggest mistake we make, over washing the face will strip the face from some important oils that instead act as a barrier against many pollutants. Losing these essential oils exposes our skin to irritants which then lead to breakouts, blackheads and clogged pores. Therefore, wash your face just twice a day and for the time in between, us blotting paper.
Following the above do’s and refraining from don’ts will help people with oily skin have a fresh and clear skin.